The course will be arranged according to the participant’s needs and wishes. It will help the singers to build a repertoire individually, creating a portfolio of songs. Either their own songs or covers. During performance classes & Master classes, the singer will have the opportunity to work with personal expression, in relation to his or her repertoire. Focusing on how to make best use of their possibilities on stage. This will make sure that the singer appears sincere and artistically credible. Singers will improve and perform own material with the possibility of feedback from teacher and the rest of the group. The participant will, furthermore, develop a practical understanding of the craft of songwriting and will be introduced to basic & more advanced songwriting techniques In most of the songwriting classes the singer will be required to present original finished songs and will get individual writing assignments for each seminar. Although everyone sings individually, all classes function as a group lesson. The participant’s exchanging of experiences is also part of the course.
- Working & improving technical vocal problems e.g. hoarseness, emergency aid, a musical & artistic approach to singing, expression, improvisation, phrasing, rhythm & effects.
- Performance & stage appearance.
- Work in depth with creating and developing own original song material fitting the singers repertoire
- Introducing songwriting tools. How to work and write own original material; lyric writing, editing lyrics, working with chord patterns, writing melody, song form, structure & co-writing.
- Working on performance at both piano and band concerts where the singers present their repertoire. Each concert will be evaluated with feedback from a CVI teacher as well as the entire group.
- Ambitions, time planning & being introduced to music business related issues